Comments are moderated to check they comply with UK Defence Journal social media guidelines. If comments don’t comply they will not be published.
Comments from first time posters (or containing links) are often automatically held in moderation to be manually approved by a member of our team, this is part of our anti-spam efforts.
Please understand however that we operate this website in our free time and as a result, (primarily due to the high volume of comments) we cannot always approve comments as quickly as we’d hope to, contacting members of the team to ask about this will not result in comments being approved quicker unfortunately.
When posting comments, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- Be respectful and civil to other users.
- Stay on topic and relevant to the article.
- Do not use language that is discriminatory or offensive to any individual or group.
- Do not engage in personal attacks or threats against other users or public figures.
- Do not post comments that are spam, advertising, or self-promotion.
- Do not post false or misleading information or engage in spreading rumours or conspiracy theories.
- Do not post comments that contain explicit or graphic material, or that may be triggering or disturbing for others.
- Do not post comments that contain personal information, such as addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses, of yourself or others.
- Do not post comments that contain links to malicious or harmful websites or content.
- Do not post comments that infringe on the intellectual property rights of others, including trademarks, copyrights, and patents.
- Do not post comments that condone or promote illegal activities.
- Do not engage in trolling, cyberbullying, or online harassment of other users.
- Do not impersonate or falsely represent yourself or others.
- Do not post comments that contain hate speech or engage in promoting discrimination or prejudice against individuals or groups based on their race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic.
- Do not post comments that engage in political campaigning or endorse specific political candidates or parties.
- Do not engage in flaming or baiting other users to provoke negative reactions.
- Do not engage in posting comments that are repetitive or off-topic to the article or discussion at hand.
- Do not engage in violating the terms of service or community guidelines of the site or platform.
- Do not engage in posting comments that contain personal attacks on the author or publisher of the article.
- Do not engage in posting comments that contain abusive language or profanity.
- Do not advertise.
We reserve the right to suspend comments at any time, and remove comments older than six months. Where we choose not to publish a comment for a reason other than those listed above, we may reply to the commenter by email explaining our reason and inviting them to make appropriate changes so that the comment can be reconsidered.
We read every comment, and respond wherever we can. If you feel that your comment meets these criteria but has not been approved then please get in contact with us.