British forces have continued to conduct air operations against Islamic State.
The following information comes from the Ministry of Defence and details UK combat operations against Islamic State.
- Monday 9 May – Tornados and Typhoons struck Islamic State targets in western and northern Iraq, including a command post, a tunnel network and mortar and rocket positions.
- Wednesday 11 May – Tornados provided close air support to Iraqi troops engaged in close combat in western Iraq, destroying a terrorist strongpoint.
- Thursday 12 May – Typhoons attacked Islamic State positions south-west of Kirkuk, ahead of Kurdish offensive operations.
- Friday 13 May – Reapers engaged mortar teams and a supply truck in northern Iraq; Tornados destroyed Islamic State positions in western Iraq.
- Sunday 15 May – Typhoons destroyed a bunker and an engineering vehicle in western Iraq.
- Monday 16 May – Tornados destroyed a bunker containing ammunition in western Iraq.
- Tuesday 17 May – Typhoons and Tornados destroyed weapon caches and heavy machine-gun positions in northern and western Iraq.
- Wednesday 18 May – Typhoons and Tornados struck multiple Islamic State positions, including command and control posts, ammunition and storage buildings near Tal Afar in north-western Iraq.