Our Editor recently had his second dose of the vaccine, he wants to advise people to speak to a medical professional if they have any concerns and ignore hearsay about issues circulating on social media.

Why is the UK Defence Journal publishing this? Good question.

One of the biggest threats this country faces is disinformation on COVID19 and the vaccine for the disease. Every day there are thousands of tweets spreading scare stories about the vaccine that otherwise intelligent people take as gospel. Additionally, as many of you know, I am a frontline NHS worker in a ward that deals with covid and other types of patients so this is an important topic for me personally as I see first hand the damage done by the spread of the virus and the panic caused by the misinformation surrounding it.

The better protected the public are against this disinformation then the better off the UK is. It’s that simple.

Anyway, on to the point of this post, to quickly outline how quick and easy the process is.

On Monday I took the train fromt he South East of Glasgow to the NHS Louisa Jordan, formerly a conference/exhibition centre in the centre of Glasgow turned into a Nightingale hospital.

Image

Once my details were checked I was guided by a small army of stewards to the correct vaccination hall, in this case it was Hall 4E. It took 60 seconds from entering the building to sitting down for my second vaccine.

Image

After sitting down for the jab, I was asked a few questions about allergic reactions etc. 60 seconds later I was on my way to the train station to head home. The process was efficient and well managed.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, please do not take medical advice from social media. If you have any concerns at all, speak to a medical professional.

Notify of
guest
10 Comments
oldest
newest
Inline Feedbacks
farouk
farouk
3 months ago

45674+974+74

Last edited 3 months ago by farouk
Herodotus
3 months ago

Please do not adjust your set, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

The Artist Formerly Known As Los Pollos Chicken
The Artist Formerly Known As Los Pollos Chicken
3 months ago

Lol I knew this would happen, that’s why I didn’t bother putting my tuppence worth in ,just like before any input gone or even when having a reasonable discussion with John boy Clark??Despite us disagreeing on this subject it all got removed ? ?Censorship and suppression its the name of the game when it comes to the high alter of priesthood vaccine worship ??????? I wish this site would just stick to military and defence related topics like Global Defence and World defence or the excellent U.K. defence commentary ?????????? If medicine or discussing soothing medicaments is your thing then… Read more »

John Clark
John Clark
3 months ago

John ‘boy’ Clark, excellent Artist, especially at 53 years young! I was just dropping in to get up to date with the latest madcap, loony tunes (old people die anyway) tin foil hat wearing, anti vaccine brigade…..

The Artist Formerly Known As Los Pollos Chicken
The Artist Formerly Known As Los Pollos Chicken
3 months ago
Reply to  John Clark

??? 53? scare mon duer ? ? I had you down for a whipper snappin 26 yr old … genuinely I am shocked bro .

I know we can’t engage in a couple of sets on this most sacred of topics so I’ll just say this Brexit Britain has been ramping up the trade deals and it’s all coming together ?? ???????????

John Clark
John Clark
3 months ago

Yep 53, I remember when it was all green fields around here Artist, you could have a good night out with £10 and still enough for chips on the way home …. What we’re we talking about again?

The Artist Formerly Known As Los Pollos Chicken
The Artist Formerly Known As Los Pollos Chicken
3 months ago
Reply to  John Clark

Ahhhh yes those days believe it or not I do remember hearing about them but inflation had bitten in by the time I was able to partake In the mid to late 90’s so £10 wouldn’t cut it but yes indeed I concur with your sentiments . I tell you though if you could wangle it and be the “kitty”man you could actually return home at the end of the night with more money ? than you went out with ?

eh not sure what the topic has “mutated” into ? ?

???????????

Martyn Parker
Martyn Parker
3 months ago

Had a few replies to a comment I made on this article, would’ve been nice to be able to reply, I guess this is what happens when people want to push a narrative instead of discussing facts

John Clark
John Clark
3 months ago
Reply to  Martyn Parker

The last time I checked in Martyn, a number of us were calling the anti vaccine brigade on their looney tunes views. It did occur to me that as an NHS affiliate, George might have to be slightly cautious regards sensitive matters such as this that elements of the press could potentially jump on. Unfortunately, what starts as a perfectly reasonable article about getting vaccinated, brings out the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists……. Oh, Artist … It you can reorganise the countries finances to allow me to go out for a night on £10 … And have money spare… Read more »

Herodotus
3 months ago
Reply to  John Clark

Yes, I think one saddle weary contributor has spent too much time in the stables! The ketamine is for the horses JS!