Royal Air Force personnel from stations across the UK have gathered at RAF Leeming, North Yorkshire, to undergo training in how to administer Covid-19 tests.
The Royal Air Force say that they will be deploying to assist Kirklees Council, West Yorkshire, with its efforts to track and trace asymptomatic C19 carriers.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are a high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. To help stop the spread, avoid close contact with anyone you do not live with and wash your hands regularly.
You can usually treat mild symptoms at home. If your symptoms are severe, you may need medical care until you recover.
You can have a swab test to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) now by clicking the link here.
You can only get a free NHS test if at least one of the following applies:
- you have a high temperature
- you have a new, continuous cough
- you’ve lost your sense of smell or taste or it’s changed
- you’ve been asked to get a test by a local council
- you’re taking part in a government pilot project
- you’ve been asked to get a test to confirm a positive result
You can also get a test for someone you live with if they have symptoms.