The Ministry of Defence has awarded a £2 million contract to Kirintec to fill an urgent capability requirement to provide counter-unmanned air system (C-UAS) radio frequency jammer equipment, training and support to the Royal Navy.
Kirintec is known for security and defence counter terrorism solutions in ECM, IED and EOD. They have a range of counter-UAS products that can be found here.
“Sky Net (Skynet) is our patented product to defeat drones and C-UAS. You may also know this as Counter Unmanned Aircraft Systems (C-UAS), or refer to a drone as an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). It doesn’t matter if it is one or a swarm of drones – Sky Net will defeat them. They don’t even have to be in sight, they can be around 9km away and Sky Net will deny them. We know our C-UAS Sky Net technology is one you will want to own, especially if you work in the military and government. You may be tasked with public/civilian safety and want to deploy Sky Net at events. There are so many uses for our world-class solution.”
The following detail of the system requirements comes from the original contract tender:
- The C-UAS RF Jammer is expected to be able to defeat a detected threat from Small-Class 1 unmanned air-system’s utilising common frequency bands.
- The C-UAS RF Jammer equipment will be deployed on maritime platforms.
- It shall be stand-alone, requiring only a power supply as a dependency from the maritime platform on which it is installed.
- The C-UAS RF Jammer shall be ‘person’ portable (max 1 individual), capable of being packaged onto NATO-standard pallets.
- The system shall be capable of handling data and operating within an environment, classified at a minimum of official sensitive.
The contract covers an initial quantity of up to 11 C-UAS RF Jammers and includes the provision of 1 years in service support and spares, to commence at the point of delivery and acceptance.
An overall train the trainer package shall be included on the contract, covering operation and maintenance, etc. of the system. The contract shall also include options for additional RF Jammers and training and for a further 3, 1-year support periods.