The UK is looking for a remote-controlled surface vessel able to lift a 1,000kg mass from the seabed and that can fit inside a shipping container.
According to a contract tender notice, Dstl is seeking to procure a proven commercial off-the-shelf or modified commercial off-the-shelf boat that meets the following requirements.
- The system and all subsystems shall be capable of operating under remote control by a human within line of sight.
- Meets UK existing and planned Maritime Regulations (MCA) for remote controlled / autonomous platforms.
- Shall fit inside a 20ft ISO container (disassembled if required)
- Shall have the buoyancy and configuration to enable a winch (GFE) to lift a 1000kg mass (with a 400kg safety factor) from the seabed to 3m below the craft.
- Must be able to transit 10 miles from point of departure to recovery location at 6 knots, loiter for up to 8hrs in a two knot current and sea-state F3, transit 10 miles back.
- Must be capable of dynamic station-keeping (location and heading) over a given point in sea-state F3 within a 5m radius
The deadline for submissions is the 6th of August 2022.