BMT say the design exploits the next generation of offboard vehicles, mission systems and operational concepts and can rapidly clear mines faster, over a greater area and with less risk to the crew than any current conceptual or existing design.
The flexibility in the VENARI-85 design, they say, provides a navy with a broader utility and a clear development path to incorporate future unmanned technologies and operating concepts.
Key features include:
- Mission spaces for optimum operation of the mine warfare capability
- Hullform and hydrodynamics to guarantee capability delivery in various conditions and locations
- Optimised propulsion arrangement provides speed, accuracy and manoeuvrability
- Survivability and signatures provide crew and mission protection
- Self-defence and surveillance capabilities are scaled to the intended role
The large working deck, mission equipment garage, flight deck and hangar, and the platform’s stability and self-defence capability are employable in roles beyond mine warfare.